Instagram is one of the hottest visual social media platforms, bringing a human and approachable aspect to your brand. If you have a brand account on the Instagram, then your main attention is to grab more followers’ every day.
Photos or images as you know make social media surfers go gaga. At Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest we have noticed photos drive more traffic to the websites, so on Instagram it is not something new.
After Facebook bought Instagram for $1 billion back in 2012, it increased in popularity and brought real values to the company. Now 41 million photos shared daily, also gathers 8000 likes and 1100 comments per second. Therefore, you have the data…
If you count upon on Instagram to drive traffic, make sure that your website is mobile friendly. As most people check websites on the run, through their Smartphone or tablets, so it is highly important to make them offer the best experience as possible.
Here, we are with some good tips to drive more traffic organically through the Instagram platform:
Profusely Link back to Your Brand Website/Blog
1. Post photos from your blog – When you post a new article on your blog, make sure you attach a great picture to it. On Instagram, it is not so easy to share your blog post as you do it on the other social platforms. Here you can share the image used in your latest blog post. Insert compelling images and share them on the Instagram platform with the relevant link to your blog post, photo description and a call to action button to convince people, so that they have a look at your website.
2. Have your own links and banners – Brands have been featuring big banners linking it back to their social media accounts or campaigns, and it has shown positive results to drive good amount of traffic back to their websites.
3. Use Instagram Badges – Instagram made icons is the easiest tool to link back to your account and drive the traffic back to your online profile. Learn the way to add Instagram badges at the tutorial in Instagram blog to create your own badges.
Use of Hashtags
Just like Twitter, Instagram uses hashtags to organize photos. If you have used Instagram, then you might have noticed that the picture description has many hashtags, which makes the picture more searchable. Some hashtags are popular than the other, but it is advisable to use the relevant hashtags that fits your brand image. Instagram search engine is more powerful than the Twitter, therefore if you start adding more hashtags, better becomes your chances of getting your images discovered by more number of people. Use at the most three hashtags as more than 3 makes people believe that the photo is a spam.
Research a little to see which hashtags are popular on Instagram. Include them in your pictures to reach out to the refined target. Here are some typical examples of hashtags that gains most number of followers:
Start Optimizing Your Instagram Contests
The strong determining factor in growing followers on the Instagram platform is how well you manage your contests. You are free to strategize the Instagram photo contests, but there are ways to maximize the impact on your brand followers.
What can you do to strategize in the right way?
– make a condition for following your brand official account to enter the contest
– ask to create photos that promote your brand as a condition to enter the contest
Stimulate Audience Curiosity
Instagram gives the big opportunity to sneak peak and preview photos that will attract people to visit your website. You can take pictures of your new developing product and direct people to your website for more details, along with the release date. You may also post the pictures of your brand store or the upcoming events, and link it back to the relevant page.
Instagram announced recently that they are going to launch advertising in the popular social sharing site. This will help the brand using Instagram platform to drive more traffic and increased engagement. One year before Instagram was dealing only with popular brands with this new ad feature, but as days are passing, we hope to see more business besides big brands.
Optimize Your Sharing and Have a Striking Editorial Line
Stop hesitating for a moment and try out new kind of posts on Instagram. Use videos or try out apps to beautify your contents. Just do it. If you find no results or your engagement rate shrinks, do not turn bolshie! Just change your strategy.
Try out at your own to use 2 different post – an article photo post and a simple DIY craft image, you will surely get the most hit on the craft image than the article post. Therefore, it is advisable to stop bugging your audience with serious reading everywhere. You will notice that Instagram shares their articles through their account, because it works for them. However, you have to find out what works best for you.
#Instadaily Tips: It is important to follow people on the Instagram, but do not overact. There are people who follow tens, hundreds or thousands at times. There is no reason to do that. It does no good to your traffic.
Turning your brand into a busy-bee is easy on Instagram. Since, at the ends of the day, you have to use the relevant ways to engage more people and share beautiful and fascinating images that will grab follower’s attention. When you use Instagram it is important to remember, that it is not just about getting results. The end goal is to reach closer to your audience and reflect your humane side.