Full Episode Details
Would Facebook Really Penalize 3rd Party Posting Apps?
You’ve likely heard over the years from social media marketers or perhaps “gurus” that Facebook is penalizing the Reach of 3rd party apps.
But is this just myth or fact?
That’s what we tackle in this podcast!
Here’s our hypothesis:
In This Episode
- Why you should use a 3rd party app to post to Facebook
- Summary of opinions about this myth — including thoughts from Mari Smith and BuzzSumo
- How we’ll test 3rd party apps posting to Facebook
- Details of the data found from the study
- Our conclusion based on the data
Quotes From This Episode
No one has infallible data that 3rd party apps increases or decreases Reach. We don’t have enough data yet. – Lisa Kalner Williams
“I did not expect these results!!” – Scott Ayres
This may once and for all give data-driven answers to this popular myth!
- Full blog article with details of experiment
- Buffer’s study on 3rd party apps and Facebook Reach
- Mari Smith’s infographic on Facebook Reach and 3rd party posting apps
What Is The Social Media Lab?
The Social Media Lab is a project powered by Agorapulse dedicated to spending $15,000 per month to bust the myths, rumors and stories related to social media marketing.
We run long tests on both organic and paid social media.
The experiments are conducted by myself, Scott Ayres, and Jason How.
We typically publish 1 blog post and podcast per week.
The podcast is co-hosted by Richard Beeson and myself.