Full Podcast Details
Twitter Raises the Character Limit to 280
Since the inception of Twitter the character limit has been 140… Until recently.
While Twitter users have been able to post up to 280 characters for a year now is there really any marketing value in doing so?
That’s what we tested and discussed in this podcast.
In This Episode:
- Why we tested Twitter’s character limit
- How we setup the test
- What the data says about 280 vs 140 characters on tweets
- Some advice on using the maximum allowed characters
- Full Lab post with data
- Use Agorapulse to schedule all of the tweets
- Twitter’s 280 Character: How it Affects the Marketing Strategy & Is that a Boon for Marketers?
- Will Twitter’s 280-Character Limit Change How Marketers Tweet? 12 Pros Weigh In
- Consider These Benefits and Tips When Using Increased Character Count on Twitter
What Is The Social Media Lab?
The Social Media Lab is a project powered by Agorapulse dedicated to spending $15,000 per month to bust the myths, rumors and stories related to social media marketing.
We’ll test mainly organic reach, but also will run paid experiments.
The experiments are conducted by myself, Scott Ayres, and Jason How.
We typically publish 1 blog post and podcast per week.
The podcast is co-hosted by Richard Beeson and myself.