Full Episode Details:
Testing LinkedIn Post Types
For this test, Melonie Dodaro, of Top Dog Social Media wanted us to see which post type got the most views on LinkedIn.
Most would agree that video and photos do best on Facebook, but what about LinkedIn? Is it different?
We’ve never ran a test on LinkedIn, until now…
So let’s do it!
In This Episode:
- Why we’re testing LinkedIn post types
- Background on what we think will happen
- How we setup the LinkedIn test
- What the data says about LinkedIn post types
- Our conclusion based on the data
Quotes From the Episode:
“I work with businesses all the time that are frustrated with what type of content to post to LinkedIn.” – Melonie Dodaro
“When she says she’s not alone on what type of content to post on LinkedIn that’s a little re-assuring that I’m not alone.” – Richard Beeson
- Full experiment with setup details and data
- Facts about LinkedIn
- Social Media Examiner’s survey of marketers
- Melonie Dodaro from Top Dog Social Media
What Is The Social Media Lab?
The Social Media Lab is a project powered by Agorapulse dedicated to spending $15,000 per month to bust the myths, rumors and stories related to social media marketing.
We’ll test mainly organic reach, but also will run paid experiments.
The experiments are conducted by myself, Scott Ayres, and Jason How.
We typically publish 1 blog post and podcast per week.
The podcast is co-hosted by Richard Beeson and myself.