Full Episode Details:
Should Instagram Hashtags be in the Post or Comments?
We’ve seen this question debated for years regarding Instagram.
And it’s one of the most requested tests we are asked to run.
Is it a better marketing strategy to put your hashtags in the original post or in the comments?
Here’s our hypothesis:
In This Episode:
- Some background on the argument for and against putting hashtags in comments
- How I setup the test
- What the data says about instagram hashtags in posts versus comments
- My conclusion based on the data
- Full experiment blog post with links to the data
- Sue B. Zimmerman article on Instagram hashtag usage
- Riotly Social thoughts on Instagram hashtags
- Louise Meyers on Instagram hashtags in comments or posts
What Is The Social Media Lab?
The Social Media Lab is a project powered by Agorapulse dedicated to spending $15,000 per month to bust the myths, rumors and stories related to social media marketing.
We’ll test mainly organic reach, but also will run paid experiments.
The experiments are conducted by myself, Scott Ayres, and Jason How.
We typically publish 1 blog post and podcast per week.
The podcast is co-hosted by Richard Beeson and myself.