Full Episode Details
Does Posting with Hashtags on Instagram Get More Engagement?
According to TechCrunch 700 million people are using Instagram monthly! (and this number increases daily)
But how can we get engagement on our Instagram posts without spending a penny on ads?
In the podcast episode above we discuss hashtags on Instagram as well as Facebook.
In This Episode:
- Some background on Instagram hashtags
- How we setup and tested the engagement of Instagram hashtags
- Details about the data we found
- Our conclusion based on the data
Quotes From This Episode:
“If no one is engaging with you then no one will see your posts.” – Richard Beeson
“Hashtag blah blah blah, hashtag blah blah blah blah” – Lisa Kalner Williams
- Full experiment with further data
- Number of hashtags on Instagram Social Fresh recommends
- Instagram hashtag research by TrackMaven
What Is The Social Media Lab?
The Social Media Lab is a project powered by Agorapulse dedicated to spending $15,000 per month to bust the myths, rumors and stories related to social media marketing.
We’ll test mainly organic reach, but also will run paid experiments.
The experiments are conducted by myself, Scott Ayres, and Jason How.
We typically publish 1 blog post and podcast per week.
The podcast is co-hosted by Richard Beeson and myself.