Full Podcast Details
30 Hashtags on Instagram, Yes or No?
This was a highly requested test from our readers and listeners.
Should you use the maximum of 30 hashtags on Instagram posts? Will it hurt or help you?
It’s a controversial topic for sure, but we are up for the challenge!
Here’s our hypothesis:
In This Episode:
- Thoughts from leading marketers on using 30 hashtags
- Background regarding our initial hashtag testing
- How we setup this Instagram hashtag test
- The data
- Our conclusion based on the data
Quotes from This Episode:
“30 hashtags scared the crap out of me!!” – Scott Ayres
“Instagram’s algorithm is so very different than every other network”- Richard Beeson
- Blog post with full experiment details
- Louise Meyers thoughts on 30 Instagram hashtags
- Thoughts from Eduardo Morales
- Business2Community article on Instagram hashtags
- Previous test on Instagram hashtags in comments or posts
What Is The Social Media Lab?
The Social Media Lab is a project powered by Agorapulse dedicated to spending $15,000 per month to bust the myths, rumors and stories related to social media marketing.
We’ll test mainly organic reach, but also will run paid experiments.
The experiments are conducted by myself, Scott Ayres, and Jason How.
We typically publish 1 blog post and podcast per week.
The podcast is co-hosted by Richard Beeson and myself.