Does an Emoji in Email Subject Line Result in 50% Higher Open Rate?
Full Podcast Details
We seem to be talking about emojis on the podcast alot lately!
But our friend, Jamie Turner from 60 Second Marketer, was noticing a trend when adding an emoji to his email subject line that went against what the “experts” were saying.
So we teamed up with Jamie to bring you this next experiment!
In This Episode
- Jamie Turner from 60 Second Marketer introduces the experiment idea to the Social Media Lab
- Why we tested emojis in email subject lines
- How we ran the test
- What the data says about emojis in email subject lines
- Our conclusions based on data
- Full experiment article with full details
- Study claiming 50% higher open rates with emojis in email subject line
- Blog that claimed 93% higher CTR when using emojis in email subject line
- Jamie Turner
What Is The Social Media Lab?
The Social Media Lab is a project powered by Agorapulse dedicated to spending $15,000 per month to bust the myths, rumors and stories related to social media marketing.
We’ll test mainly organic reach, but also will run paid experiments.
We typically publish 1 blog post and podcast per week.
The podcast is co-hosted by Richard Beeson and myself.