Organic social media can be one of the biggest sources of high-quality leads. Here are some tips to get you started.
Most people relate driving traffic to paid social media campaigns, but organic social media traffic is also a valuable traffic generator. (Social media drives 25.6% of website traffic from organic and paid sources.)
Organic social media traffic represents people who take a genuine interest in your brand and are actively considering it.
The good news is that 57% of people are more likely to buy from a brand that they follow on social media. Once you get visits from social media organically, the challenge lies in offering relevant content and optimizing this traffic to drive leads.
Here are four ways to effectively capture leads from organic social media traffic and the tools you can use to do so.
1. Install a page-takeover exit-intent pop-up
An exit intent popup refers to a pop-up that takes up the entire screen and appears when the visitor is about to leave your website (which is tracked through user movements).
Unlike the usual pop-ups, exit-intent pop-ups are the website’s last chance to convince the visitor to stay.
That type of pop-up is effective in generating leads because it offers a clear call-to-action and redirect the visitor’s attention to your offer.
Grab attention from visitors by using a:
- Coupon code
- Any other incentive
Use a visually appealing image or animation, and concise copy. Most importantly, give visitors the option to quit by displaying a “close” button.
You can also personalize exit intent pop-ups for social media.
For example, if visitors come to your website from Instagram, you can link them to your top Instagram posts. The same can be done for other social media platforms. You can also offer your social fan following an exclusive discount.
A software you can use to implement exit-intent pop-ups to increase conversions is Hello Bar. The following features make it an effective lead-capturing tool:
- It can be easily integrated with popular email marketing service, such as MailChimp, AWeber, and Campaign Monitor, which allow you to extract subscriber data with ease.
- It offers advanced targeting options, letting you target visitors on the basis of parameters, such as devices (mobile, homepage, both), location, every nth session, previous page URL, number of visits, URL path, etc. Those specific options let you deliver relevant, personalized pop-up messages to a highly targeted audience.
- Running an A/B test on pop-ups is an effective way to optimize performance and make informed decisions. It involves showing two different messages to the audience to determine which one drives more leads. With Hello Bar, you can run a quick A/B test and view the metrics to compare their performance.
- Hello Bar lets you fully customize the appearance of the pop-up box. You can design the message, imagery, styling, font styles, sizes, and colors to match your website’s look and feel to maintain consistency.
- Two-step opt-in forms are more likely to capture a lead as compared to the traditional lead form. A two-step form first invites the prospect to click on a compelling CTA button. The prospect is then met with the lead form. This format seems more effective because it eases people into filling the form by making them take small steps.
2. Analyze user journey using Google Analytics and insert pop-ups
You may have a considerable amount of traffic coming from your Facebook page yet conversions seem to be extremely low.
Ever wonder how visitors navigate your website and at what points they drop-off? You need to understand customer behavior, which helps you optimize your website content to capture more leads and sales.
The most accurate way to access this information is through Google Analytics’ Users Flow report. It is a graphical representation of the path users take on entering your website. Use it to examine traffic sources, patterns, and page views. Also, you get a better understanding of how people interact with your website.
You can view this report in Google Analytics’ Audience section. The encircled portions (in red) signify the pages that received high drop-offs.
Visitors drop-off when they don’t get the information they are looking for or the page is poor in terms of usability. Install pop-ups on those specific pages.
Those pop-ups can offer a free trial or an incentive, or even display valuable information that compels visitors to stay.
3. Install pop ups with highest exit rate
Exit rate refers to the percentage of exits on a page. Pages with high exit rates denote that they need fixing.
People exit pages without converting for many reasons, such as:
- Slow page loads
- Poor page design
- Confusing copy
- Navigation issues
The example below displays a page with an exit rate of 65.69%. This is an alarming figure. It can be arrested by installing pop-ups in those specific pages.
For instance, if you notice that the checkout page has the maximum exit rate, you should consider installing a pop-up that features an additional discount or a value offering, such as free shipping or free returns.
Display a pop-up with a persuasive message that would compel the user to not leave and to take the desired action.
4. Create interactive quizzes
Content marketing is evolving, and interactivity is the need of the hour. One such interactive content that has become hugely popular is quizzes.
Everyone likes quizzes. They are fun and engaging. They manage to grab people’s attention and stimulate curiosity.
So why not use interactive quizzes to generate leads? You can post about it on social media, directing followers to an interactive quiz on your website.
Design a playful quiz with short and easy survey questions. At the end of it, ask for the quiz-takers basic contact details, such as name and email ID before you reveal the score! That is a smart way to generate qualified leads.
You can also create trivia quizzes related to your niche and challenge users to test their knowledge. This can end with their score and a value-add that would enrich their knowledge, such as a free e-book or whitepaper.
The data obtained from quiz results can be used to segment your audience, which lets you nurture your leads by sending personalized communication their way.
You can use Survey AnyPlace to capture leads with interactive quizzes.
Here are some things you can do with this tool:
- Choose from its extensive list of templates that can be easily customized to suit your purpose and brand identity.
- You can create interactive quizzes and engage users by adding illustrious incentive widgets, such as a slot machine or virtual scratch card.
- Personalize outcome screens (the message that appears after taking the quiz) to deliver a custom experience.
- Design surveys that adapt to all devices.
- Seamlessly integrate this tool with over 750 web services to move, collect and analyze data.
- Provide offline functionality, so respondents can take these quizzes even when they’re offline.
- Instantly download a personalized PDF of their answers after the quiz.
Generating leads is a common challenge marketers face but organic social media can be one of the biggest sources of high-quality leads.
So, don’t take organic social media traffic lightly. Use these four effective techniques to optimize your organic social traffic and generate quality leads.